Monday, September 20, 2010

My Three Favourite Directors

I like a certain type of film which is why I have chosen these directors, I like girlie films and comedy’s and romances, I’m not that into action films or anything like that just because I find it boring. I also love thrillers and horrors but they wouldn't be my first choice to see.



My first director I have chosen is Nick Cassavetes; he's done films such as The Notebook and My Sisters Keeper, which are two of my all time favorite films. These films I loved because they both were about tragic events and the way he chose to tell the story was so clever, I like how he jumps in time from past to present, because it gives you a great insight into the story and doesn't tell the story from start to finish, but starts in the middle and jumps back to the beginning. When I see he has directed a film it makes me straight away want to go see it because I just love how he creates his films.



My second director I like is Mark Rosman; he directed the films A Cinderella Story, The Perfect Man, Life Size and many more girlie films. I like his style or movie because he is really good at making really fun romantic girlie films, in all three of these films he always has the one perfect boy who always is every girls dream- good-looking, charming and always knows how to do the right thing. When I was younger I always dreamed of finding that boy and his movies always kept these fantasy's real for me because he knew how to portray them in his films.




My last and final director that I have chosen is James Wan, he directed all the Saw movies which I loved. Even though they scared the hell out of me and left my heart beating so fast and my mouth wide open, he is a great director in how he tells the story and puts it all together and uses the enigmatic code to create a mystery and a horror film. James Wan made me fall in love with horror films, before I saw any of the Saw movies I wouldn't want to watch a horror film and now I love to go see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment